Our guided trout fishing days are the perfect way to introduce you to fly fishing. Introductory days are held at a picturesque local Stillwater venue in Northumberland. A typical session will include;
– Introduction to the environment, safety, aims and ethos of fly fishing for trout
– An examination of the equipment used and setting it all up including knots etc
– Casting tuition and practice to include the basic casts required to fish effectively
– Guided fishing from bank and/or boat for brown and rainbow trout
– Coaching and instruction on the different tactics, flies and how to fish them effectively
– Playing and landing a fish and fish welfare
Days can be tailored to suit individual needs and can be shared between small groups of anglers.
Overall the aim is to have a fun day whilst developing sound basic skills that may well develop to become part of a lifelong passion. There’s nothing that can’t be covered and no such thing as a silly question!
For the more experienced trout angler I offer guided trout fishing on local rivers and stillwaters. We will cover a range of topics and techniques including the following;
– Fishing dry fly/emerger patters on rivers or stillwaters – drag free drifts
– Nymph fishing including european style nymphing
– Traditional loch style drifts from a boat
– Streamer fishing
– Reading the water to find the fish
– Grayling fishing from November to February
All equipment can be provided or bring yours along for help and advice on how to make best use of it.
Prices – £120 per half day/evening and £220 full day including fishing permit (add £30 per additional persons).
Contact me if you have any questions or would like to make a booking.
Gift vouchers are available, click here to find out more information.