Last updated: 30th January 2021
Tyne Fly Fishing (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Tyne Fly Fishing website (the “Service”).
TyneFlyFishing is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TyneFlyFishing may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30th January 2021
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name & Job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- You reserve the right to opt out of any or all TyneFlyFishing promotions, emails and/or marketing by either altering your preferences or unsubscribing.
TyneFlyFishing is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
TyneFlyFishing traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Finally, we also integrate the following third-party sites, which use their own cookies. We have included links where possible to pages that explain what these cookies are used for:
You can choose to accept or decline cookies via the onscreen banner, although this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time using unsubscribe links, by writing to TyneFlyFishing, 78 Kells Lane, Low Fell, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear NE9 5XY.
TyneFlyFishing will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless the company have your permission or are required by law to do so. TyneFlyFishing may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which the company feels you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of all personal information TyneFlyFishing holds about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to TyneFlyFishing c/o Neil Lobban, 78 Kells Lane, Low Fell, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear NE9
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or e-mail as soon as possible, at the above address. TyneFlyFishing will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.